An explanation about why I am blogging.

Having decided, in 2002 to do what my family, my partner and the government wanted me to do I enrolled with the Open University. My employment at the time was working for the Royal mail. I went to work at 5am until 10.30am then the world was my oyster; why that would please me I have no idea as eating oysters was tantamount to swallowing a ball of snot. Anyway I was finished early in the day and had at least 4 hours to do my study. This felt great; I was exercising my mind and learning all about the things I wanted to learn, I was doing a biology degree. However after the first 4 months having to deal with my brain needing a jump start from idling for 20 years; needing to do things with the kids, partner, friends and work, Open University was beginning to look like hard work....very hard work. In a nut shell; after 2 years of this I looked at what was required of me to actually get this ”biology degree”. Seven years of hard slog.......... hmmmmm! I don’t think so. If all I have learnt from my ‘Foundation Certificate in Natural Sciences’ (giving me the letters Cert Nat Sci after my name) is that the human being is lazy.
So switching to lazy mode I looked at my options. What did I want to do with the rest of my 25 years working life?

0 comments:

Post a Comment